Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2007, 02:40 PM

Default I want to play poker after working all day....What chair do I want?

I never post here but apparently this is the place to do so for questions like the one I have. If that's wrong, sorry, please redirect this post to the proper forum.

Ok, this is the story. I am a HSNL player, I mainly play 10/20 - 25/50nl. I have always played poker on my laptop, and I've been in school for the last few years. When I play, I have a comfortable loveseat in my bedroom and a small table that I place my laptop on. I generally play lying across the loveseat sideways (ie, I like to be comfortable when I play).

Now, I just made the leap, and spent over 5k on a sick setup. I'm going to have a super slick dell xps desktop with a 30inch monitor and a 23inch monitor side by side. I have only ever played maximum 6 tables on my laptop so hopefully with this new system I can up it to 8 tables, maybe even 10 if I can get practiced with it.

Anyways, to make a long story short the desktop/monitor setup will be at my desk, and I want a super comfortable chair that I can relax in and play poker.

I am starting my new job this fall so I imagine I'll be spending like 10 hours a day in an Aeron chair (don't ask me why I worked instead of poker, you can search for an old post of mine on that), so I don't know if I want to do that when I come home to relax and play or on the weekends when I want to put in a session.

Can anyone recommend the best chair possible for the above-described scenario where I want the best/most comfortable chair for relaxing at a desk.

Maybe an Aeron or Liberty chair is the best, but I'm not sure that's best given that I will have just come home from sitting in a chair like that and I might want something a bit more comfortable. Any advice? I guess my range is in the 1kish area, but if something is really great that's higher, I might pick that.

Thanks,
dlpnyc21