Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Who\'s idea was it to hold a major in August in Oklahoma???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A high of 100 degrees with dew points in the 70s is not extreme heat!? What planet do you live on?

Ya, I thought his comment was pretty nuts, this is the hottest and stickiest it has been in the midwest in a long time. It will be a factor, enough so that meteorologists are reccomending nto to go out for too long this week here in st. louis. 115 heat or something like that here in stl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you gotta remember, I played in this kind of heat constantly for 15 years through college and pro golf carrying my own bag most of the time. I never had a day where the heat got the best of me or affected my play in any way. This includes temperatures of close to 110.

Sure it's hot, no question there. But it's not going to effect the players at the PGA one iota on the course. Therefore, I don't consider it extreme heat, at least for the golfers. For the elderly and/or general public with little or no A/C it's a totally different story. But as far as this golf discussion goes, this is not extreme heat.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Im betting that every other comment from teh announcers, and the players will be about the heat, and its affect, so time will tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the TV sports caster passed out in the heat yesterday and was taken to the hospital. He is an ex OU football player no pussy for sure. I promise you it is hot as hell in Oklahoma this week.