Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM

Default AK preflop 170 BBs deep (3/6)

I know this is going to seem pretty trivial to most of you and it feels like something, I should already have a solid grasp of, but here goes...

Many of you know villain, ipokeder, he's 26/20, and him and I have been 3-betting each other regularly and I have 4 bet him 3 times already in the last 40 minutes across 3-4 different tables. Here's the hand.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

T0NY1974: $849.65
ipokeder: $2,711.65
tomluec: $605.00
foxfox1: $1,032.10
datrip1: $654.45
Dazarath: $839.60

Preflop: foxfox1 is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
tomluec folds, <font color="red">foxfox1 raises to $21.00</font>, 2 folds, T0NY1974 calls $18.00, <font color="red">ipokeder raises to $96.00</font>

So, I'm pretty sure, he's not making a play here because I'm UTG+1 and I've been playing back at his 3 bets enough and I've been 4 betting enough to warrant him to shove most hands he's going to 3 bet with here. So, I think 4 betting this deep is out of the question. And my hand offers such terrible reverse implied odds. When I am ahead, I'm never getting any action vs most of his range here (and I think AQ is a very small percent of his range, if it's even above 0%). So, who likes flatting, and does anybody fold here?