Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: TV cooking contest shows

I can do a quick recap for you.

Last night was not the finale. The finale is next week.

On last night's show the two finalists, Bonnie and Rock, were given the opportunity to design their own restaurants (tables, floors, wall decorations, ...even server outfits) as well as design their own menu for next week's finale. To me this seemed like a lot of fun.

Bonnie really shined in this area. She totally got into planning her own menu and had very definite ideas what she wanted her restaurant to look like: classy, hard wood floors, no booths, servers dressed entirely in black. Jean-Phillipe seemed pleased. Her menu had some different sea food dishes and pasta dishes as I recall.

Rock really struggled and was made to look kind of dumb. He seems to have a terrible time making decisions. How he could get this far in the competition and not be planning out a killer menu for the finale is beyond me. I can't tell you how stupid they made him look. The only thing that really came to his mind for his menu was fried chicken, if you can believe that. He also did not have a clear vision for his restaurant design. He wanted the booths to remain, wanted it to be like southern Americana and said he prefered waiters in jeans. Jean-Phillipe frowned at this suggestion. After Jean-Phillipe explained to him that it simply would not do, Rock changed his mind but look completely bewildered.

Right now, Bonnie looks like she is definitely in charge and kicking ass.

Chef Ramsay surprised them by taking them to Vegas and throwing them a party. In the middle of it he announces to them that they have 30 minutes to prepare their signature dish to be judged by some famous chefs as well as the last 2 season's winners of HK. They looked really happy to be there. The winner got first pick for their kitchen team for next week's finale, choosing from the last 6 contestants kicked off the show.

The way it played out, Bonnie has an all female crew, Rock has an all male crew. Julia confided to the camera that although she's on Bonnie's team she would like Rock to win. Should be very interesting!