Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 AM

Default 100k hand insanity/ a month- long blog.

Day 3:

“#1 Crush”

I woke up this morning bloated, well, fine, I have gas. I am loudly contributing methane to the atmosphere, and doing my part to promote global warming.

Last night, I went to a coffee shop. The girl suggested a different kind of herbal tea. I think this is why by stomach is in so much pain this morning. I have started to take my laptop to various places to enjoy a semblance of normalcy.

I have decided on an impossible goal this month, 100,000 hands of poker: four tabling, ten hours a day. I just started two days ago and I am already going crazy. Last night, between contributing to water pollution several times through-out the night, I have dreamed only of four tables of Full Tilt Poker tables. I kept on waking up, scolding myself that dreams are supposed to be about figuring out life, or whatever, obviously too tired to recognize that this is my life now.

Before I begin to play, I think about that effing tea from the night before. I am reminded of a song that I heard a long time ago, called “coffee shop girl,” About a crush on a coffee shop girl. The Onion newspaper had an article on this just last week. The girl is not hitting on me, she is nice to every one.

She's a vegan.
She says her name is Megan
Though her name tag says Meegan.

This is start of a new poker blog. I mentioned my goal on the low-content thread and at first decided to not blog it. After further consideration, I changed my mind. I try to lead a private life, but perhaps for one month, I could do everything drastically different. I will only blog about this goal, and how this affects me. I will post some hands, maybe, but mostly philosophy, my state of mind and, of coarse graphs. I will post every time I move up in limits and post one graph for every ten- thousand hands I play.

I will also answer all pressing answers, such as will I make it, will I get laid (obv not), will I go insane?

I haven't played Limit poker in a while. I am pretty sure that I am still a winning player, if not, I am sure I could get my rhythm back soon enough.

This will only last this month. I really hope that if this goes well, someone else could write their own blog.

I am always discouraged when I see a tread that has 400 answers on it. For this reason, I will not post any responses, but I do hope that I write plenty to discuss. I welcome your encouragement and your insults, as I am a firm believer in balance.

I will post some other stuff tomorrow, as this is a little dated, obviously.

Today is 9- 5

Hands: 5,900 (a little behind schedule)

My stats are 26/16/2 at 6 max.

Happy reading.

Oh, yes, I don't know how to post charts from poker tracker, directions would be appreciated.