Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2007, 01:39 AM

Default B&M 3/6 Flop Trip Aces, weak kicker

This is from a fairly loose passive live 9 handed 3/6 game.

There are two important opponents here. The LP Asian lady plays about 1/3 of her hands preflop, usually pretty passive, but will raise when she hit something big. The tight aggressive player is directly to my right. He has only been at the table a few orbits, but is clearly very tight and has been aggressive when he has a hand.

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in middle position.

Three limpers to me, including the LP Asian lady and the TAG. I limp. A couple of folds, but the cut off and both blinds call.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 7 SB, 7 players

Action goes, 3 checks, bet (LP Asian Lady), raise (TAG), I ?

My read is the LP Asian Lady is likely to have the case A, because I couldn’t see her betting anything else here, and she could have just about any kicker. The TAG could be raising a flush draw. Should I call or 3-bet here? My instinct was to 3-bet to try to fold out players with one club or a small pocket pair and to see if anyone would cap it. But given the bet raise action, somebody probably has a flush draw, and the Asian Lady is unlikely to cap it unless here kicker is a 9.

Assuming I 3-bet, there is no cap and the other 4 players fold, what should my line be on a non-club blank turn if someone bets into me? What should my line be if a club comes on the turn and someone bets into me?