Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the two situations? Where would you rather find youself in ?
At the Fabulous 22 40.74%
At the Star 32 59.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Quasi-Awesome Preflop Question

[ QUOTE ]
i don't see the value in randomizing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several good reasons to randomize here, Pete. First of all, I think we know the EV difference is very small [I'd say a) it's clear limping is +EV and b) it's clear that the + is not by much at all], and in cases where the difference isn't very large, you want opportunities to consider things like your image, your opponents, the table texture, metagame, etc.

Sometimes you want to be seen showing down 76s after raising. Sometimes you want a more passive/straightforward image so you decline to raise this and other marginal hands. Sometimes you want to build a big pot because the table is tightening up. Sometimes you've been card dead for an hour and the limpers think you have to have AA/KK to be raising here.

Having hard and fast preflop rules, especially for very marginal on-the-border situations/hands where the EV either way isn't too big, is not a recipe for creativity. It'll just make you more predictable in the eyes of your opponents.