Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Teach me when to quit a live session

Since this forum is filled with a ton of regular live players I thought this would be a good place to ask for some advice.

One of my main problems this summer has been quiting any given session when I am either up or down.

Obviously if the game is good you should want to continue playing but there are some sessions where I find myself just losing the rest of my rack or whatever even though I am not running well. Clearly this is just wrong even when the game is great, you are playing well, but just running bad. Should I just accept a 25BB loss instead of a 15BB loss even though it is clear that I will lose 10BB more often than I will make a come back?

When I am winning I typically just keep playing until I lose a pot or two and then decide that I should just book it for the sake of booking a win even though I might still feel fresh and general game conditions suggest I should keep playing. I just absolutely hate the idea of going on a nice rush on the onset for like 35BBs and the potentially losing it all back. But of course this also prevents me from huge winning session.

One thing I have been considering is maybe setting a predetermined amount of time that I will play before I start any given session. Say for example 5 hours or something.

So tell me, how do you quit good?

Looking for all sorts of general advice and comments.

Thanks