Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2007, 10:06 AM

Default He called me a Donk?

Ok ok ok... I know what you guys are going to say. You going to say that Im a hypocrit for playing last night when I said I was going to take a break. Hot streak or not Im turning a profit so I said F it last night. Anyway playing shorthanded limit poker at .25/.50(warming up to FR 2/4 limit) and this guy calls me a donk for drawing out on him. Im like a donk? Im defending my small blind and KJ10 comes on the board and I have Q2s. You want me to fold my hand b/c you have a dam 10? I think not. I river him at end with a 9 and he BERATES me. Calls me a DONK and the other player at the table too. Guys this is .25/50. Im multitabling this and Im overrolled for this. RELAX GUY! So next hand he plays with the other player and BERATES him Bad for flopping 2 pair with K8. Now I and the other player check hand history and Mr. Berater had 82s and called 2 bets cold. And Im a donk? At the end we berated him and broke him a couple of times.

In conclusion, this donk thing is getting out of hand. Everybody calling everybody a donk. People have to realize people play hands for certain reasons. Players are analyzed and watched by other players. If you play a good hand and get your aces cracked or whatever hand by somebody its not necessarily that the player is a donk, it may mean that your post flop play sucks and you may be looked upon as a fish. Also note, when somebody has a stack 4x your side and they are aggressive expect to get drawn out. Some how I learned to deal with it.