Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Zeppelin fans: would you go to a Zep reunion concert?

There was some report a month or so ago that they would reform for a memorial concert for Ahmet Ertegun, the founder of Atlantic Records who died in December '06 (one of their few reunited permances was May 1988 at Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert). The rumor said if all went well, there would be an '08 tour, with the 3 surviving members plus Jason Bonham (John's son) on drums. Plant shot the rumor down though.

However, if theoretically there was a 2008 tour, with them being billed as Led Zeppelin, their first tour in 28 years, how interested would you be?

Personally I would do anything I could to get tickets, even though I know there's a decent chance it could suck. Who knows if it will ever happen, but it would be pretty historic if it did. I think they could still draw pretty good crowds. I probably would have tried to go to the Page/Plant stuff in the mid 90s but I wasn't a Zep fan then.

At least if this doesn't happen there's a new DVD coming out in November with some unreleased stuff.