Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: An absolutly WORLD CLASS play in my opinion......your thoughts ple

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a good play, obviously since he was right

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll hear a lot of arguments against this kind of results-oriented thinking, especially here on 2+2, but it's been mentioned a few times this thread already.

[ QUOTE ]
If your up against a tight, and it seems like andy is extremely tight, player. Than you know hell only raise from the bb with AK or a a pretty medium to big pair. So, you can beat AK for top two pair (which still has 4 outs) or lose to trip 8s, Ks, and As. So, he can beat 1 out of the 4 hands he could be up against.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand range is too limited to be consistent with the description of a solid player. There wasn't any strength shown prior to his raise whatsoever. Raising a good number of hands here would be more than reasonable, you'd hardly need AK.

Also, what happened with the medium pairs in your range? 88 made it but QQ-99 vanished. He could think that JJ might have a chance at being good here, and be taking a big shot on the turn. He's putting a lot of money out but I don't think this commits him - although if called or reraised it would essentially demonstrate that his opponent will play for stacks this hand.

With one of those medium pairs with overs on the board, he could still shut down if he gets any action on his turn bet - which, by the way, sure looks as if he's trying to discourage a call with. He'd be short if he gave up, but still have 15BB or so to work with.