View Poll Results: Begin College Picks
Fresno State 4 50.00%
Washington (H) 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Blood Sports Poll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_fighting

In light of the Michael Vick situation I thought it might be interesting to have a poll on blood sports. Personally I have no problem with some blood sports (bull fighting and rooster fighting). Even George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were fans of rooster fighting. And Thomas Jefferson ( the greatest US president EVER!) was worth a thousand Bill Clintons... In many countries rooster fighting is mainstream entertainment. People will eat chicken and hamburgers everyday but never think what people do to these animals in slaughter houses to harvest their meat...

Lets face it. Some animals are.....well animals....and are programmed to fight. It is imprinted on their brains (roosters). So it OK to watch them kill each other if your seeing it on the Discovery Channel but it is bad if you organize the event yourself. Just check out youtube and watch male lions killing other lions (even female lions) and eating them.

With regard to dogs, I put "man's best friend" in a special category... Anyway...here is the poll.