Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: (NL5) 200BB deep Hero flops middle set OOP in a raised family pot

Thank you Cry Me A River for your brutal honesty. Indeed you are right, it was very bad to slow play this hand.

With monsters I don't slow play them for them not to call, but rather hoping that they will improve so that I can stack them on the river. I guess it comes from noticing that nut-flushes are some of my most profitable hands, and if I make the flush on the turn and check it I will extract a lot more on the river than if I bet the turn - unless a fourth flush card comes. I used to fold pockets, only recently have I discovered that sets are such well concealed monsters so I think I have wrongly adapted my style from slow playing nut flushes to sets.

Generally its probably a leak though, since you are very right in that people call extremely lightly.

I'm eager to learn since I think you are right also in that I slow play too many hands, can I ask if its generally speaking okay to slow play a set if there are no draws and I'm pretty sure that pfr will bet if I check it to him on the flop? Or is it better to donk bet, check raise or call & bet turn?

Cry Me A River, I have to add that I've been thinking a lot of your advice and it makes a lot of sense (had to do some stuff for an hour before I could finish this post so I had some time to think). I really value these forums and it always amazes me how good players are willing to take the time and effort to help beginners. ty sirs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]