Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Two hands from Commerce last night

Frond and I played at separate tables last night. I'll call his hand posts ordinary. So to change things up a bit here are two hands from the Twilight Zone.

Fairly typical Commerce table, 3 LAGs, 3 LAPs, so it doesn't take much to set the table on fire.

Hand One - At the end of this hand I said this was the sickest 3 bet I had ever seen and another player agreed. See if you can figure it out.

Young Asian Guy (YAG) sitting UTG had been doing an interesting and fairly good job of turning his maniac switch on and off so you had to be a little careful of him. He is two seats on my right and raises the button every time. As a result, most of my BB's have been folded. UTG he has a penchant for blind raising and does so now.

UTG+1 is a relatively new arrival and falls into the LAG crowd. He immediately 3 bets while wolfing down a pot roast dinner. I am in the next seat and announce that my 52o isn't strong enough to cap and I fold.

4 players see a 3 bet flop. Flop is K73 rainbow. UTG bets, ALL call.

Turn is a 4. Now one of the spectators is laughing at me for my announcement that my 52o was no good. UTG bets, 3 call.

My harasser calls for a 6 on the river and it hits!!! Did I fold the winner? POS!!! UTG bets and UTG+1 RAISES. All fold back to UTG who calls. What does UTG+1 show down? As I've stated, it's sick.

Hand two: Let's call this one, when would you get off the raise bus?

YAG is in this one too, except this time his antagonist is one seat to his right, not his left. Antagonist and YAG re-raise each other PF to cap and bring along 3 others for the ride.

Flop is K63 rainbow. It again goes to cap, but it is now H/U.

Turn is an Ace. Antagonist first, it goes back and forth to 7 (!!!) bets. Put yourself in YAG's position and assume you have his hand (KK). On that board, H/U, how many bets would you go on the turn and why?