Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: TT OOP vs small 4-bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your hand looks pretty [censored] strong to villian and I'm sure he is going to play a lot of hands slowly - including AA (ie possibly checking the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

If my hand look strong then why would he check the flop with AA? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, as I said I don't think his is good with these stacks. What do I do if I cover him, for example?

[/ QUOTE ]

because his flop bet looks even stronger, and on a lot of boards there aren't a lot of scare cards and checking the flop is tricky and deceptive obv [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I didn't really articulate myself well, I just think that it's going to be extremely difficult OOP and that there's a good chance it will end up in you playing guessing games.

edit: I mean,

You call, flop comes 892r you check, he checks. Turn is a 3 bringing a bd flush draw, you check, he bets 2/3 pot, you're already in a [censored] spot, you call. river is a deuce no flush draw, you check, he shoves and it just gets worse when the turn is an A/K (or even other overcard).