Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Called river bet, showing cards dispute

Playing at the Beau in Biloxi last Friday morning, LHE ring game. No one is "new" to live play. About 10 minutes before the following incident, I had called what turned out to be a bluff-raise on the river by the most aggressive player at the table. Dealer said, "OK boys, let's see 'em." The aggro player just looks at me (in what I felt was an obvious slowroll attempt). I said, "I called your bet. Let's see the cards." He silently turned over a missed nut flush draw.

Hand in question (I'm not in this one): Aggro player is HU with another experienced player on turn and river. He has bet and been called on both streets. Dealer says, "Somebody show me a winner." Aggro guy says, "I got nothin'" and threw his cards immediately in the muck. Caller, who had still not exposed his hand, and two other players told the dealer that they wanted to see his cards. His cards were touching the muck but easily identifed, and reaches for the guy's cards. Aggro guy goes ballistic and tells the dealer that his cards are dead since they've touched the muck. Whole table now chimes in and told the player he was called and that he must expose the cards, especially if asked. Floor is called, dealer explains what happened and tells floor that the bettor's cards are easily identified at the side of the muck. Floor says "turn 'em over" and walks off. Dealer does just that, much to everyone's satisfaction except the aggro dude who won't stop complaining that his cards are "irretrievably and forever dead once they hit the muck."

Is there any basis for his complaint?