Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Blackjack basic strategy - comments from other players at table

I was playing blackjack and I had a 12 with the dealer up being a 3. I signaled I wanted to hit and the dealer asked if I was sure and the other players said don't hit it. I said the basic strategy card says to hit, they said they know what the card says but don't hit because the dealer could break anyway. Then one of the players asked if I was going to cover everyone's bets if I got a ten and took away the dealer's bust card (I thought to myself WTF!).

I know players get mad if lose a hand because of players "who don't know how to play", but I get frustrated when they aren't correct in their knowledge of BS in the first place. Or they do know what the correct move is, but want you to deviate from it.

I don't know to do in those situations, except to say "I always play by Basic Strategy rules." I really don't wan t to get into statistical discussions. I'm just there to have a little fun, look at the cocktail waitresses, and have a few drinks, but the comments from other players got to me the last time I went.

What response should I give, if any, to these other players when they get upset?