Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Default After 2.200 stts I am looking for advice on my next move

Hi guys,

( I have read the whole FAQ-section.)

I play STT's for recrational purposes (5-20 hrs/week), but would love to have success at the highest possible level.

I have now just finished cashing a $150 rebuy-bonus from Stars by 4-tabling a little more than 400 $16's for a ROI of 11,5%. My ROI for all my 16's (740) is 10%. Earlier I played lower levels with ok results, but I did also try 250 $27's with a negative ROI of 2,5%. My total bankroll is $ 3.600 after investing $ 1.600 in deposits/rebuybonusoffers.

I use Pokeroffice and I Sharkscope multitablers to do some tableselection and getting reads. I also understand the basic ideas of ICM.

I find it a bit boring when the play gets too donkish around me as it certainly is at the 16's (not to say that I don't donk away chips from time to time). At the same time I realize that the rakes are lowest at the 16's and that it gets harder and harder to beat the rake as you climp up the buyin-levels. Already early on in my "stt-career" I asked myself how the high-level stt-players could do more than in the best case just barely pay the rake.

1. Should I invest more time in stt-tools and HH-studies before playing more or..
2. should I keep on grinding at the 16's where I can beat the rake comfortably or..
3. should I move up or..
4. should I move to another site (I live in Norway so Party is available, but my small efforts on Party has not been successfull) or..
5. should I move on to cashgames (I don't like the thought of this as I never understand when to leave the table..). If so, level and pokersite? Full ring or 6-max? or..
6. ANY OTHER IDEAS??

Any thoughts or recommendations will be truly appreciated.

(First of all I will have a week break to play bridge in the norwegian championshiptournaments.)

Blowing bubbles in the air [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]