Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Some 10-10-20 Live spots....

First time poster here, but long time reader. I wanted to share some scenarios I encountered in 10-10-20 NL live earlier yesterday and get some thoughts. The bring-in is $40 and average stacks around 6k.

Hand 1: Semi-passive table, not a ton of post flop aggression. 2 EP limpers and I limp CO with QhJx, button and BB call. Flop comes Jh5d2h with $210 in the pot. Check around to me and I bet $160 (I'm about $5.5k deep). Button calls (about 3k deep) and everyone else folds. Turn comes As. I bet $400 and button calls. River brings a 2s. I check and button fires $800. He's only been at the table about 20 minutes or so and hasn't played any big pots yet. Call, fold, or raise?

Hand 2: Get moved to 2nd table, TAGish players, nothing too crazy. UTG (passive) limps for $40 and folded around to me on button. I pick up 9c7c and raise to $120. SB (short stacked around $1200) insta calls, BB folds, UTG limper calls. Flop comes Jc8s2c. UTG checks, I bet $280. SB thinks for a bit and pushed AI for $830 more. UTG insta folds. Call or fold?

Hand 3: Same table as hand #2. I'm about $5.5k deep. 3 people limp EP and MP and I limp 6s5s in CO. Button folds, SB and BB call... $250 in pot preflop. Flop comes 5s5h9h. Checked around to me and I fire $100. SB calls and everyone else folds. Turn brings Jd and SB (about 3k deep) opens for $360. At this point, this looks suspiciously like he's "trying to represent" a 5. My bet on the flop after everyone checked to me could represent almost anything from a bluff, to trips, to 2p, or pp. I don't think he puts me on a five. I call $360. River comes 8c. SB thinks for a bit and fires out $600. Call, raise, or fold?

I'll post the results later but wanted to get some thoughts from you guys on these 3 spots.