Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: News Flash: Elaine gives Ed\'s new book 5 stars

Not to be hating, but I thought I'd kill a bit of time while waiting for my copy of PNL in the mail. Just checked AMAZON, and miraculously there are already 8 ***** reviews on there... The funny thing is that the book has been out for only a week, and only a few people actually have the hard copy in their hands, and on top of it, every reviewer, except Ed's wife, have no other reviews in their profile, in other words, this is a 1st review for each one. One of the guys actually made the claim that the book turned him into a winner overnight, and that after being "impotent" for 7 years he is now measuring his winnings in stacks. L O L, wow this must be some amazing book, that it's able to turn a 7-year losser into a winner overnight. Makes me wonder what the hell this guy been doing for the past 7 years. And Ed's wife, shamelessly states that she has not even read the book, but apparantly it still qualified as a reviewer. Come one, she would not bother to take a look at a draft while Ed was working on it, and yet she is the first one to offer a review, hmmm... She also forgets to mention her relationship... I can understand though, cause her shopping budget probably depends on how well the book sells... If she was a bit more shrewed, she would realise that she probably would do better if she did say that she is his wife, and that the book is AMAZING and how proud she is to be Ed's wife. Instead she copy and pastes a couple of quotes from people who she does not even know...

Anyways, I just thought that this is quite entertaining, b/c I am sure that this is a great book, as I have learned quite a bit from Ed and consider him a great teacher. But this "marketing" tactics are just a bit sad...

SCA