Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Default A new State Legislative idea

I come up with a new thought recently and am wondering what you folks would think.

Although in no way meant to slow down the major efforts at the Federal level, it occurred to me that the lack of "intrastate" online poker has been primarily due to no company seeing a big enough market in a single state to justify the expenditures. So what if instead of a site, a state legislatively authorized, under its general gambling laws, a specific ONLINE POKER funding financial service? A law would be passed that says playing poker online in state X is specifically allowed provided the players in state X use an approved financial service company to transfer the money (to any poker site in the world that will accept it). The FS company would be required to insure age verification and other legit concerns. And of course it has to give a % of its take directly to the state.
Seems to me totally compliant with Federal law and the UIGEA.

State gets tax revenue from current poker that is impossible to stop, gets some safety assurances, and tax revenue. An FS company of this sort would be pretty cheap to set up too and should have no legal problems with an official stamp of approval.

Comments?

Skallagrim