Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Website Revenue Basics

Hello,

I am a PHP/MySQL programmer and have a good level of experience developing semi-complex websites and web applications.

I can make pretty much anything and everything web related.

However, I am a bit dumb in the general sense of generating revenue out of what I do develop.

I have a few questions for you guys that have experience in turning websites into money makers.

Assuming I have a poker related websites, geared towards online poker players, that offers free tools and training materials and etc...

1. How many unique visitors per day is considered big enough to make advertising dollars?

2. How would I go about offering businesses the opportunity to advertise on said website? Do I sit and wait for offers or go looking?

3. How much money does advertising go for? I know this is a general question and probably not a good one but I really am lost with respect to the price companies are willing to pay for targeting advertising.

4. How else can said website generate revenue?

5. How much money do you figure (ball park) big websites such as poketfives.com, pokerhand.org, and stoxpoker.com generate?

Basically I want the basics and more so some general information on this.

Thanks guys.