Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Pest Control - Ant infestation

I moved into a new flat on the first of this month - and among a couple other problems it turns out we have an infestation of garden ants.

Basically there are hundreds of the [censored], both normal ones and winged. They are coming out of under the bath and ive killed over a hundred yesterday when i first saw them but basically it seems it was a small dent in the colony.

Does anyone have any products to recommend? Should i just get straight onto my landlady who can get rentokil or someone like that in to have it done professionally or something else?

Im no expert - but from a bit of googling it seems that having winged ones means there is a full on colony/nest and that simply spraying over the counter crap wouldnt be enough. Basically it would take some poison bait traps etc if i were to do it myself.

Anyone know what sort of cost it would be if i got this done professionally - frankly id rather pay someone to do it rather than have to dick around with bait etc - but since i moved in less than 4 weeks ago i guess its my landlady who is responsible? From what little i know its generally her responsibility anyway but since its such a short period of time she basically has no option but to pay instead of passing the cost on to us?

Anyway - im sure its obvious ive never had to deal with stuff like this before - its not my first rented place but its the first pest problem ive had.