Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: help people avoid bad movies (and watch good ones)

El D,

[ QUOTE ]
But last night, I recorded All In. Hmmmm, I remember when Dominique Swain was heralded as a talented young actress to watch. Well, now she stars in All In.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have read this thread. I mentioned All In earlier:

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, and avoid All In like the plague. I posted about it in The Lounge but apparently no one saw it, which is a good thing. Don't see it, you'll waste 96 minutes of your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I tried to help someone avoid it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
This does not quite capture how bad this movie was. Like I said, I watched the whole thing (basically the poker parts) in about 20 minutes. I challenge anyone to actually watch the whole thing start to finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually DID watch the whole thing. It seems you didn't watch everything.

**SPOILERS** (lol)
The most absurd part to me(besides the MIT blackjack/poker team complete with surveillance tools) is the extortion of the illegal immigrants and her Med School professor getting to the final table and getting arrested... AND also her father AND his best friend also making the final table.
**END SPOILERS**

This is all ridiculous. The whole movie was ludicrous really. It makes Rounders look like the Godfather of poker movies. I guess this would be Honey, or actually much worse than that. Actually I'm gonna pop in my Rounders DVD now just to purge my memory of that movie as best I can.

Oh yeah, I watched The Covenant last night. Really bad. Looks like I'll be watching Slow Burn or The Number 23 tonight. I hope they're ok. Seems like all I've seen lately are sucky movies. I should go to the movies and see Transformers. Can't wait for Bourne Ultimatum.