Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Abuse of IWTSTC?

Weekly $2/5 NL/PLO/8 game. One new player in the game is incredibly protective of his cards and information, never showing if he can avoid it. This obviously bothers a few of the other players.

Another new player, a 50 yr old, good player, very experienced, has on occasion at showdown asked to see his cards, and had them turned up by the dealer. The "protective player" never said anything about it, but, as PP had relinquished the pot, I thought pulling IWTSTC was in poor form.

Similar situation last night, one old-time regular in the game goes to showdown with "PP". PP bets, OTR raises, PP reluctantly calls. OTR shows boat, and PP goes to muck. OTR, rather innocently askes if he can see his cards. I try to slow him down a bit and tell him, he CAN see them, but its very poor etiquette to ask, and almost unheard of in a heads-up pot.

Fifty-year old says you have the right to see what the other player is drawing with. I tell him the rule is to prevent collusion, not provide information, and you SHOULD be accusing someone of cheating by asking to see their cards.

Does this ever occur in your games? How is the rule applied/enforced?