Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 09:48 PM

Default To live players: why do you play limit?

Spun off of dynacraze's post (so i dont thread hijack):

So, live players (and ONLY live players please!)...why do you guys play limit? you dont have to compare it to nl if you dont want to...simple reasons why you guys play in general is cool :-)

for me:

-it pays

-it gives me free alcohol (so does nl i guess, but i cant drink and play nl for some reason).

-unlike when i've played live nl, it tends to promote social interaction. there arent staredowns and other such bs in fixed limit games.

-im just plain much better at limit than nl.

-finally, 2 naughty things i like about limit poker. ill prob get bashed for this by some nits on here but whatever.

1) i can suckout more. sucking out is fun and is often correct in limit.
2) (related to #1) i can raise a draw more often. raising draws is fun. and also usually correct.

basically, IMO limit poker is more of a "gambling" game than nl, and promotes more of a fun social atmosphere than nl. i like making money at it, but i like having fun just as much. during most of my limited forays into live nl play (small sample size i know), i've found it to be boring and unfriendly compared to limit.