Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
prkp,

Here's one thing I'm curious about that just plain doesn't add up for me.

dealer pay based on $24/down rate: "$267.28 for the day"

WSOP dealing: "We depend on the WSOP to make up for the rest of the year to keep us all fed till January. This 45 days of hard work is atleast 2/3 of most of our incomes."

Working 6 out of every 7 days during those 45 days, that adds up to $10k for the 45 days. Something doesn't seem right here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not sure exactly what you are asking here. Are you going by a post that I made an example of a normal day of dealing while they were on an "up/down" rotation? and what doesnt make sense? the numbers used or days worked or what? I really would like to answer the question if I could and im not trying to come across as a smart ass lol

[/ QUOTE ]

if 10k is 2/3rds of your income then you make a total of 15k/year. you can't travel constantly, cover your own expenses, and live on 15k/year. so something doesn't add up. correct me if i'm wrong, but this seems to be diablo's point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe saying 2/3 was a bit much, maybe 1/3? I say that because the WSOP is the largest event of the year, the next is the WPO in january. Other than that, the travelling dealer"s work season is feb, mar, apr, may and sept. there are some very small events in oct and nov but unless you live in reno, they are not worth working because your expenses are more than you take home. those other months are only 10-12 day events and after expenses, dealers usually take home about 2500 (if they dont gamble). So thats why I said what I did and I can see how it could be misunderstood.