Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 01:32 PM

Default We both saw her card!

Stupid LHE game in Oceanside, CA last week where I am getting my head kicked in.

As the dealer is pitching the second card around to each player the one seat accidentally hits the second card of the player in the two seat.

Rather than landing and gliding across the table the card is redirected by the player in the one seat and hits the felt in a way that it is totally exposed to the table. Imagine a card vertically standing on its edge before it falls flat.

Seat 1 and myself both say we clearly saw the card even though it was never actually laid face up on the table.

After about 30-45 seconds of people saying mis deal, mis deal, I actually announce the card that I saw because the dealer is just sitting there doing nothing.

Eventually the floor is called and apparently this does not qualify as a misdeal rather the women has to keep the card and play the hand out as normal even though I announced one of her cards to the table.

Fortunately she folded, I apologized, she understood, and all was well at the table.

However this rule seems ridiculous. Is this a standard ruling by the floor? I was obviously out of line announcing her card but you live and you learn. I guess the $200 or so dollars I gave to her a couple hands before was probably good compensation though.