Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 04:46 AM

Default One person to a hand at the Beau Rivage problem

Ok heres the setup, my first time to the beau rivage, went with 3 buddies of mine. Me and a buddy have been playing 1/2 NL at the same table for the at least an hour and a half and talking between ourselves the whole time, not really during hands but always at the end of em, liek we would immediately start talking once we folded or whatever and during hands we werent playing,somtimes about the hand sometimes other stuff. Just between ourselves not particularly loudly or anything.

Well after about an hour and a half a new guy had been playing at our table for liek 15-20 mins prolly. Seemed pretty serious, wearing some 80s looking michael jordan jumpsuit, hat, sunglasses and an ipod. I get AK on the btn, two guys limp, one of which is said opponent, i raise to 15, he calls. HU comes K76 rainbow, he checks i fire 20 he reraises to like 60. I think for like 30-45 just looking it over, im very cautious live.

My buddy says to me jokingly to go allin, not very loud or anything but enough for me to hear it. I am already considering that and about 15-20 secs later I go allin, oppoent starts thinking. Then he says like 5 secs later and points to my buddy, opposite ends of the table, me and my buddy on one side and him on exactly other side. Says hey whatd you say to him? Did u tell him to go allin? Saying my buddy had seen my hand and told me to go allin, he had in fact not seen my hand, we never showed eachother until sometimes after a hand etc. He doesnt seem very happy, my buddy says he didnt say anything about going allin and the dealer didnt hear anything. Shes right next to me and i seperate her and my buddy. Dealer does nothign and opponent folds like 15 secs later saying he had KQ and in general pissed off. After this he calls over two managers one at a time and complains about it, the first of which comes over and explains the rules to us etc but nothing ever comes of it. My take on it was that the guy was just angle shooting after I pushed cuz he was not happy that I made the decision. Your take?