Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Human Weapon on History Channel

This show debuted last night. It's about 2 guys (a MMA guy and a football player/wrestler) that travel the world to study a new form of fighting every week. At the end of the episode, one guy is picked to use the skills they learned in an exhibition match.

Last night was Muay Thai in Thailand. Overall, I thought it was really cool. They didn't just go to one place and study there. Instead, they travelled all over the country picking up different elements of Muay Thai & other Thai fighting, some of which they made sound like very exclusive and rare offshoots of the martial art. As they go along, they do a great job with computer animation & physics to demonstrate what is so effective about each technique. Also, you get a pretty good look at the culture and history of the country & martial art.

The fight at the end was sorta cool, but the Muay Thai champion was obviously taking it easy. The guy did do a really good job of defending though. I hope the fights are a little more intense in the future. I'd like to see some legit knockouts/submissions. The guy earlier in the episode that got KTFO with an elbow and bleed out of every oriface of this head made up for it though.

Website (warning: plays a video)

Anyone else watch? What did you think? I think I'm definitely in for all episodes of this show. It's well done. The guys are likeable. There's ass kicking. And there's history. Thumbs up from me.