Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

My thoughts on the books:

1. Deaths. I thought this worked out pretty well. Enough deaths of important characters to illustrate the war, but not so many to kill the feeling of a happy ending.

Considering the first death was a previously unseen professor, I thought we might be in for a book full of meaningless deaths, but Hedwig and Moody soon solved that problem.

Poor Dobby! But, at least he went out helping his hero. That was, IMO, the most emotional death in the book.

I wish Fred didn't have to die, only because I wanted the entire Weasley family to make it through, but considering the whole family was on the front lines, someone was going to have to die.

Lupin and Pettigrew were going to have to reunite the Marauders in death, so no surprise there. (Did you notice they died in reverse order of their signatures on the Marauders Map, Moody, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs?)

Voldermorts death was a bit of a letdown. I guess after six books worth of his evilness, I wanted him to go down a bit more painfully.

Epilouge: Sure, there are things I'd like to know, but I think the point of Rowlings series was not about what job Harry, Ron or Hermione end up taking (although, I'll guess, in order, Quidditch player, Auror and Healer), but that these people, and their friends loved each other, that love helped them in their battles and that it will continue to the next generation.

Overall, a good story, but it seemed to read much differently from earlier books in the series.