Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 11:37 AM

Default AC and red chips in small limit games? and AC bus questions

I just got back from a couple of days of AC fun.

I only played low limit hold 'em at Trop and Taj. I guess I had always played no limit while down there, because I was amazed at how red chips were the norm in 2/4 and 3/6. Most people came to the table with a stack of red, maybe $20 in whites. It didn't really seem to change the amount of $$ in the pot, but it still seemed wrong that I would see people post the $1 SB with a red bird. What's the deal with that?

We took the port authority bus saturday morning. We were shooting for the 9:30 bus straight to the Trop, but were told that it had left at 9:12 when we got there. Another two buses later and were on our way at 10:30. Overall it was still the way to go for getting down there.

Does anyone know about buses leaving from Grand Army Plaza or near there? Also, a girl I played with at the Trop said there was a China Town bus that was essentially free because of the refund. Anyone know about that bus?

Overall I had blast and padded the small but growing bankroll. The wife did well and bought herself a necklace with her winnings. Ever since I started keeping my BR separate from our day to day money, it has made the whole poker thing way more tolerable for my wife. Now that I know how easy the bus was, I think I'll have to make the trip more often