Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 10:08 AM

Default NL25: KK faces all kinds of aces

I have never played with villan before. The only reads are the few hands he played. They were standard I thought; nothing particularly outstanding.

I won a hand with no showdown a couple of hands ago with KK. So when these kings showed up so soon I was leary. I have never done well with kings and I think I played poorly with these. Any suggestions and critisms are greatly appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $13.00
BB: $12.55
UTG: $5.15
UTG+1: $5.85
Hero (MP1): $20.50
MP2: $21.95
MP3: $19.20
CO: $17.85
BTN: $16.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds

Since I was the first in I made it to 4 bets. I think that's pretty standard.

Flop: ($2.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00

Well, I didn't want to be one of those tight weak players that subscribes to there's a monster under every bed. So I made a c-bet to see where I stand. I wasn't happy to see villan called. But since he didn't rr me he could have been calling with 88-QQ also. But Ak, AQ is still possible. Maybe I should have checked here and made a crying call when villan bet?

Turn: ($6.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00

So with two aces showing there's a chance villan may not have an ace. I made a feeble blocking/probing (stupid?) bet. I was still unease when villan called. I was sort of sure he had an aces then - probably a weak ace. I guess I should have checked and folded to any bet?

River: ($10.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6.50</font> Hero???

OK, the bad news I was waiting for. Was villan bluffing or making an enticing value bet?