Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I datamine a fair few hands and use the "don't store the actual hand history option". It would be nice for users who use this option to be able to "trim" their observed hand db. For example, you could have an option along the lines of "delete all observed hand statistics for any one player over and above 2000 hands. This would insure that the stats on all players are recent and allow a far more complete db overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this though is that individual hands affect everybody who was at the table. Say you have player x with 2k hands and you only want to keep the most recent 2k hands. If somebody at the table has less than 2k hands do you delete their hands as well? I might be missing something but I thought that was the reason why you can't do that currently with PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they are hands where the hand history is not kept, so the stats are just individual stats that exist for each player seperately without the hand history once the hand has been processed and deleted- so these statistics don't exist in relation to any other player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're referring to stats and the db as if they are the same thing, PT stores a lot more than just stats. Take a look at the player_winnings table and you'll see that the hand does relate to every other player.
To ensure that all STATS are recent, PAHud needs a filter which is more granular/flexible than 'Show Stats from the Last X Hands Only'

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sort of looking at it from the point of view that it could easily be done, I realize it can't presently be done as I posted about it around a year ago in the PT forum, but I'm saying that the hands should be able to be assesed for statistical purposes and then discarded, simply keeping the statistics from a HUD point of view for people who use observed hands only for HUD purposes- what do I care who has won how much from who in hands I'm not even playing in let alone ones that I did. I would like to be able to keep my computer datamining 12 tables whenever it is on and refeshing my stats to the most recent 2000 hands on each player, simply in terms of VPIP PFR WSD Folds CB Agg Freq Folds Steal- seems pretty simple when starting from scratch. As things are at the moment to get a decent sample on some players who play less frequently you would have to end up with 40,000 hands or so for each of the regulars.

I do use Spade Eye which has filtering features etc but it seems to get to a point where it is constantly opening and closing tables outside the criteria- that then brings with it the added inconvenience of tables constantly being opened and closed on your desktop.