Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Busto, now what? (serious question)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get part time crap job, use monies, rinse and repeat hopefully busto no mo

[/ QUOTE ]

"and even applied to a few jobs but can't seem to land anything as the last time I worked was way back in 2004/2005."

i think these chumps that have been working part time non stop since they were 16 in the applications ahead of me are deemed more qualified for [censored] jobs then my mysterious 2-3 year leave of absence from the workforce, if you will.

Also, in all honesty I'm not even depressed as I know this comes with the territory and over past couple years have learned to accept the swings and uncertainty of NLH/Poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is going to be some BS p/t job just make up a job for the gap. Say you worked with your friend (or just insert name of friend and don't say it was your friend) doing roofing or landscaping or whatever. Give friend's #. There, your gap is covered. It's not like lying to a serious job where it could come back and bite you in the ass after working there for 5 years. All you need is a reference. If you don't use Professional Roofing Inc and instead use Joe Blow as the name of the employer there is no problem giving your friends home number as a business reference. If there is any question (which is highly doubtful there would be) you say that Joe Blow does 'side jobs' and this is the reason he's not in the yellow pages or whatever. Some random crap part time job is not even gonna go there though.