Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Final table fish?

I don't know why everyone has such a problem with Yang. Doesn't a fish simply limp, check, and overcall? Yang was dominating the table and getting it in with the best hand. Just because he called these holier than thou "professional" palyers bluffs when he had the best hand, that makes him a fish?

I've see pros like Gus Hanson and Allan Goehring make sick calls and suck-out after being way behind.

I'm sure when all these young internet whizzes hit the felt, all the old-timers were putting them down for the way they played. Now all you young internet whizzes are critizing Yang for the way he played.

Now Chris Moneymaker was lucky. That's the only way he won. But Yang dominated the final table. He kicked their butts. But I will admit, get him at a high-stakes cash game and he'll be eaten alive, just like Jamie Gold was last season on HSP. But let's give him his due for the way he played tournament poker.

Everyone should at least wait until we see his hole cards on the ESPN coverage before throwing Yang under the bus.