Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Is it wrong to listen to Nazi bands?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As long as you're listening to them for free and they don't receive a dime, and you're not sharing this music with any impressionable people, sure why not.

Btw, Consolidated rocked! Talked to those guys after a few shows, I liked them in thier earlier days before they became so anti-meat. Still, good music and cool folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they had some good songs. The anti-gun one was great. You Suck (with the Yeastie Girls) was funny. But they were SO extreme in their politics - hard hard hard left.

Not the best example but I remember the intro to one of their songs was a woman saying "If a woman wants an abortion, for any reason, that's a good enough reason." Even as a very liberal 16 year old I found myself thinking "Hang on a minute..."

[/ QUOTE ]

You count that as very liberal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - the speech on the song was meaning "if a woman wants an abortion - just as she might want a Coca Cola - that's reason enough for her to have one." Of course, I'm in favour of abortion being available as a last resort where necessary. But not as a substitute for contraception, not used without thought, without being aware that it's a weighty thing to do. Not used as a consumer choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think women should be allowed to abort up to the day of pregnancy, as long as the fetus is still inside the body. and abortions for poor women should be publicly funded. think of how much money this would save in future education and health care costs.

and i'm not liberal. i consider myself a moderate republican, somewhere around the center, with a slight libertarian streak as well. think tom campbell, former congressman from california. his views are very similar to mine.