Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: I don\'t understand the point of straddling...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they have the Miss straddle in Tunica.
You are allowed to straddle from any non-blind position and the pre-flop play begins to the left of the straddler.

So if I straddle on the button then preflop it's up to the SB right-away as to whether to call or not.

While the ideas in here are correct regarding why a good player might want to straddle it only answers part of the question.Why he should want to do this is to inflate the pot, have a loose image, etc.
Why most others are doing it is because they like to play a little bit crazy and gamble it up which includes such things as live-straddling and checking or betting in the dark, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bob this is only for NL games right? In a 4-8 game you can only stradle from one position (Left of the blinds). Am I correct here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not positive but I think this might be correct in Tunica. I could swear I've played with different guys who live-straddled 7 hands in a row or something. But the more I think about it the more I seem to recall this happening at 1/2 and 2/5 NL.
So I'm guessing you're correct that you only get the one chance to straddle in the limit games but wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.