Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2007, 04:15 PM

Default strong drawing hands OOP, multiway, on the turn

Here's a hand from last night. Lot of good hands last night. Preflop might be a little sketchy, but here's the jist of it:

One MP limper, CO limps, Button limps, I complete the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB checks option.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, BB folds, all three limpers call.

Turn

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

A little bit of background on the limpers. Limper 1 is solid, limper 2 is playing solid at the moment, and is one of the more aggressive players in the game. Limper 3 rarely ever gets out of line, almost always has a hand, until he realizes people realize this and then he might try stealing something once in a while.

So, this turn card is very likely to have made somebody top two, and I feel like with three callers a lot of the time someone has the nut low draw. I dont want the turn to get checked through, I'd prefer exactly one bet go in on the turn, but I also don't want to get raised on this turn card. The good news is that the player most likely to raise is in the middle, but if the first limper raises the turn he'll likely get it head-up with me, or if one of the other players calls, I'm usually drawing at a 3 or a non-board pairing diamond.

Reasons for betting the turn?

Reasons for check calling?

Another point of view: If you did check, and there was a bet and a raise, how close is it now? Consider that the ranges for the bettor and the raiser are smaller than what you might think.

Edit: obviously i'd be happy with as many bets as possible going in on the turn if all three limpers went along for the ride, but i'm approaching this from a point of view of the limpers calling down with second bests a lot of the time, so I dont want them getting shut-out, and if they hold the nut-low/nut-low wrap/set they're not going anywhere anyways, so a better hand than mine on the high end or the low end isn't ever folding to two bets here. Thus, in a perfect scenario I'd check-raise all of them when the first limper bets the turn, forcing everyone to get sandwiched inbetween.

edit: i was 90% sure that either the CO or the Button was going to bet this river given my "read".