Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Random Bluff #2 from $1500 WSOP event

Generally I like this play, that is pretty much the perfect river card for you to continue your bluff and there is no doubt you are repping an overpair here.

The instaflop call definately looks like a draw but when he thinks so long on the turn decision then Im a bit more convinced that he probably just has a J. Since most players (live esp.) are instacalling a 7500 with 19500 in the pot on a flush draw even though they arent looking at the correct basic pot odds.

I think bluffing a diamond though is still suicidal since you have to give him some credit for holding a draw and therefore betting a diamond really makes your bet lose a lot of its credibility.

The main thing I dont like is the fact we dont know too much about this guy having been at the table about 20 hands therefore we cant be sure he is capable of folding any pair on this board (remembering top pair is ALWAYS good). Although at least one of his concerns is cashing so he might be too scared to call with anything for all his chips.