Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: My friend drives drunk

A lot of people who drink often drive legally "drunk" 7 days a week and never get in an accident or get caught. I think your observation that he seems to drive well is important. However, while he may not be driving unsafely 99% sets him up to get mortally smashed and still sit behind the wheel, and that 1% of the time is so much more dangerous than the rest combined.

I used to drive drunk pretty regularly, and never did anything stupid like running a light, forgetting to smog (signal, mirror, over the shoulder, GO!) when turning, speeding, taking my eyes off the road, weaving, etc. Also, I only ever drove when nobody was on the road anyway.

Well, that was all fine and good, until I drank like 2x my vodka limit, and hit a tree. Weeeeeeeeee!
I haven't driven drunk for 2 years since then and I plan not to ever do it again. WELL, maybe once, but not stoooopid drunk.

I agree with whoever said that the anti-drunk driving crowd is too extreme in their moral condemnation of DDing. Sure, it's dangerous, but pretending it's evil is just self-righteous, useless, and ignorant. I mean, do you even know what the world is like AT ALL?