Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2007, 08:03 PM

Default 180 man stars FPS/big donkey. any point to this?

I must look pretty laggy at this table, which is unfamiliar territory for me. vpip 35% pfr 15% im involved about 7 out of the last 10 pots and got no resistance or showed down a big hand.
i had villain down (rightly or wrongly) as a savvy player. He was the only other player at the table who`d made any steal attempts and had been pushing the table around whilst avoiding me

blinds 75 150 (ave tournement stack 4500)

hero (MP1) 6100 dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB 1500
villain 6200

2 folds
hero bets 450 (all my pfr`s at this level had been 450)
2 folds
villain tanks then calls
2 folds
BB shoves
Hero calls
action to villain...

I only called because i thought a thinking player might read that as i wanted him in the pot and make the fold.

i thought this would work because he tanked before making the call which kinda had me thinking he didnt like his hand THAT much

I thought if i shoved or made a big reraise he`d see that as i didnt want him in the pot and call/shove. And i didnt really want him in. i just didnt fancy a big pot right now.

Given that i`ve got him down as a savvy player and he tanked before he made the call and He`d been avoiding me upto this hand:

Am i thinking out of my arse and this is an obv shove. end.
or is there an alternative?
I appreciate im in front of alot of hands he might hold here and technically i probably want him in but i just didnt. So whats the bet that gets rid of him?

If it matters, we are about 30 spots off the money and ive been keeping the pots small all game