Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Laying AK down on Ace flop on turn! 40-80

Couple caller to me i raise gets threebet 5 way action going to the flop. Flop is A66 rainbow i think. Everyone checks to me with ony the threebetter behind me. I bet just in case threebet checks and gives everoyne a free card. He just calls and everyone calls. Turn is a Q. Checked to me again and i'm tempted to check with so many caller on this A66 flop thinking maybe someone has a 6 but there are some dopes in this pot who could have air. So i bet again not sure what i'm gonna do if i get checkraised. The threebettor just calls one fold now Nikki(pro player, somewhat solid but can be very tricky,any of the oceans players could add to how she plays. Blonde hair just had a baby. used to play in vegas years ago. then was prop in oceans 11 for long time) checkraises! other fold in between me and her. Now i go into the tank and all i find in my tank are little fishies swiiming and seeweed. I have no clue if i'm good here. I mean it looks like she has a big hand, But i've seen here on more than one occasion make some crazy checkraises if she senses weakness. I mean she know i'm the only one that can call the turn. If she can get past me she can win the hand as the threebetor obviously has pair under A. Anyway i think for about 40 minutes than fold, threebetor folds. I ask her if she had my Ak beat and she says nothing(she likes to make you feel the pain) then i ask agian she says "that a big laydown. And i never find out. I really want to tilt off all my racks after this hand but luckily i didnt get any hands to even think about getting out of line with so i cooled off.

My personal opinion is i made a mistake. She may have had it but the pot is way to big to make this laydown especially when she capable of doing this light. She might just have an A and using the q kicker. She has seen me way out of line before and might not respect my bets. She could have quad 66, any suited conneting 6 or even any pair peeling than deciding to make a big move. She has an ultra tight image in these games by the regualrs but i've seen her make big plays when she thought there was a chance it might work. Sorry if this was too long. Any thoughts would be apreciated, especially form the ocena's players that know her. Thanks!