Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Ho Profits from Exposed Hand

from Pokerpages..

"After Maria Ho raised to 50K, Jason Welch re-raised to 260K, enough to put Maria all-in (she had about 150K more behind). Before she had time to act, Welch inexplicably turned his T T face up, apparently thinking that Ho had called. The floor was brought in and Welch was given a warning for exposing his cards, but his hand was still live and Maria would have the decision whether to call or fold with the benefit of knowing what her opponent held. She hesitated in thought for quite a while, essentially informing the table that she had two overs. (With an overpair, she would have called immediately, and with an underpair, she would have folded right away. With one over and one under, she would have been more than a 2-1 underdog and would not have gotten the right odds.) Finally, she announced, "Well, I need to double up sometime, so this will have to be it. I call." With that, she turned over A J and was in a race for her tournament life. The flop was kind to her, as it came A 5 8. With the K turn and 6 river, she doubled up to about 440K. After Welch shipped the chips across the table to Maria, Warren Karp, also at the table, jested with Welch, "I'm guessing that was not the first time you were premature with a woman." That got a hearty laugh from the table."

Thank goodness Karp didn't say, "I'm guessing that wasn't the first time you were premature with a Ho."