Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: the family dog got put down today.

I was talking to my friend Greg on Monday night. Greg is the biggest dog geek I know. The whole dog show scene and stuff.

He said it would be a good idea to get a new dog to keep Remmy (the other weim who is still alive) company, that he'll miss his friend.

My dad said he doesn't want to get one. He's 51 and wants to retire out of state within ten years and doesn't want to have to move a dog with him.

One thing I thought of is that I could buy a dog, to keep at my parents' house right now, until Remmy dies, and then move the new dog into my place. And then I'd need another dog to keep that one company, ad infinitum.

It would be an awfully big commitment. But the whole reason they got Elfi in the first place is that Remmy is so high-strung and full of energy that it'd be impossible to give him enough attention.

I let him out of his kennel earlier, and he went sniffing around the yard when he knew exactly where his toys were. I think he was looking for Elfi [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]