Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: a quick thought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to go rape children and stab people and all u statists and acists want to impose your morality on me (therefore everyone is wrong but me).

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...ACists want to impose their AC morality on me, just like I want the state to impose my statist morality on them. How do we decide which morality to impose? In my view, that's why we have democracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

But democracy is ONE of the many competing moralities. It's not some external fair arbitrator between them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

In AC land I will not be allowed to camp on other people's property without permission (just as I am not allowed to now).

In AC land I will have to work to support my family (just as I have to do now).

I will not be allowed to steal or threaten or kick or punch or stab or shoot someone unless I am under direct physical attack (just as I am not allowed to now).

I will be able to enjoy recreation on a variety of different lands but will most often, if not always, be required to pay a user fee (just as I am required to do now).

I will have to pay for police and fire protection, health insurance, all like I have to do now.

And instead of those things costing me 50% of what I make it will probably cost like 15% of what I make.

Wow, those ACists are really immoral people.