Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Change WSOP Forum Sticky

From WSOP/Tournament Circuit sticky describing what type of posts do NOT belong in their forum and where such posts actually belong:

[ QUOTE ]
News, Views, Gossip : Regardless of whether or not a player has participated in a tournament discussed in this forum, if you want to discuss anything newsworthy, how you feel about a player, or throw out some gossip do NOT post in this forum. Those types of posts go in NVG. One exception is that during events like the WSOP we'll occasionally allow ONE thread for a player so that those interested can discuss and follow him or her throughout the tournament. But once the tournament has concluded, new posts most likely will be appropriate only for NVG.

Thanks for making this forum and all of 2+2 such a fabulous success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet Dids said that he has deleted 7 Vinny Vinh threads from NVG today because that is where people believe that those threads belong. Also brandi threads and other player threads have crept into what was once a civilized forum

I am not sure why we are changing the current setup. I like having the tournament forum for updates, chip counts, trip reports, and structure type questions and having the gossip curtailed to the gossip forum.

I vote for putting these threads in NVG and keeping the WSOP forum for tournament discussion and play updates, but then again I fear change:

edit:

I just ran through the tourney circuit threads (I don't know how many were moved and how many were posted there) to point out the type of thread that I am talking about belonging in NVG.

Where has Prahlad Freidman been?,
where's Dmitri Nobles?,
Brandi Missing 200-400 Blind Round Due To Illness,
My etiquette... reasons and apology,
Gavin Smith... Puss......,
Brandi Energy Drink Sponsor?,
Eric Froehlich calls Rolf Slotboom a donkey,
Phil Hellmuth Car Accident in Rio Parking lot