Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Default My toughest hand in ME

Feature table of ME, Hellmuth is at table, and 1 other bracelet winner. I've been playing pretty solid, with occasional resteals or w/e but, just normal stuff that people expect. I haven't caught many hands though, and haven't shown down a hand yet. MP is aggroo preflop and supposed tourney pro. I have about 18k, blinds 200/400 about 1 hour into the level. SB is very very loose middle aged Chinese dude. He has about 35k, but is pretty new to the table. He limps and calls raises a lot PF, but doesn't seem to make big moves postflop.

MP opens to 1200, I call next to him with 88, and the SB calls. Flop is 963 with a flush draw, and MP bets 2500. I think for a bit and call, and then SB also calls. Turn is another 9 (no flush yet) and SB quickly shoves for 5.6k into about an 11k pot. MP folds and I call.

I think I could have played this differently on a few streets. Preflop is 3-betting better against this type of guy? He was opening a lot, but not the type to play back at 3-bets or call light? I also think flop is close to a fold, but it sucks because this is one of the best flops for 88. Is turn ever a fold? Thanks guys.