Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Optimal Bluffing Strategy

I'm looking to try and learn more about this off the back of having read through the relevant chapter in DS's TOP. I've read it through once and have done a little reading on game theory, but I'm still in the dark on the subject matter for now.

Can optimal bluffing strategy (obs) be applied to Holdem poker and particularly NL-holdem? My concern here is that if you are drawing vs a solid thinking player, applying obs might still be ineffective because of the fact the player can see which draw cards hit and didn't - a factor that contributes heavily to his reasoning process.

If it can be applied to NLHE then are there any good articles, threads, books or otherwise that fully explain how to apply it in a practical sense. Do any of you guys use it and if so in what manner (examples?)?

Assuming obs is used in NLHE it is important to identify those players that heavily lean towards calling or folding and then apply obs to the 'random and thinking' group in the middle and adjust accordingly to the extremities. That being the case what WtoSD% would generally indicate "can't be bluffed" and what would indicate "fold machine"?

I realise my questions are all over the place but I'm hoping to refine my questions and thinking in response to the progress of the thread and my learning - i.e you might say: "obs doesn't apply to holdem you dork" and that's the end of that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance...