Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to see the knifer POV also, but I'll still stick with bat.

Knifers - did you watch the youtube vid? What would you do differently as the knifer? (I admit the knifer could have put on a much better display.) I think one thing is clear though: the raw fear when seeing a dude swinging wildly at you is enough to make you think twice about sticking around with a knife. Average joes can't control this aspect as well as seasoned fighters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the bat is very intimidating (one of its strengths as a weapon), but if the fight is to be to the death, and I'm assuming both combatants know this going in to the fight, I imagine that adrenaline, etc would compensate largely for the fear factor.

I also am beginning to think that experience plays a huge role here... I mean two people who've never been in any sort of fight before, probably advantage bat. As the skill of the two increases I think the advantage shifts further and further towards the knife.

With the correct strategy though (getting in close as quickly as possible) I think the knife is extremely difficult to beat in this situation though.